Wednesday 26 June 2013

How To: Galaxy Nails


Galaxy print. You've probably seen it everywhere, from leggings to shoes. So of course, your nails can't miss out on this trend! I've attempted to do this nail art, and I think I've done pretty well. It's pretty easy, because it's supposed to be messy, so not much can go wrong. Want to see how I did this? Click below!




Colours you'll need for this look:

  • Black, I used 500 Eternal from P2
  • Dark blue, I used Sue vs. Shue from an old Sephora by O.P.I. Glee collection
  • Bright blue, I used Ogre-the-Top Blue from an old Shrek collection by O.P.I.
  • Light blue or turquoise, I used Essie's Turquoise & Caicos
  • Lilac, I used Mumbai from Hérôme
  • Multi-coloured glitter polish, I used Celibacy Club, also from the Glee collection.
You start off by polishing your nails black, as a base. This doesn't need to be done too carefully, because you won't see a lot of it in the end. Make sure to only use one layer of black, otherwise your nails won't dry because there are too many layers of nailpolish.

Next, cut a sponge into little cubes. Put a bit of the dark blue on a piece of paper. Dip the sponge in the nailpolish and dab it onto your nails. You can dab the whole nail with it. There shouldn't be too much nail polish on the sponge, because then it won't give that nice fading effect. After you've done that, your nails should look like this.


This is the difficult part, now you have to make your nails look like a real galaxy. Start with the bright blue, repeat the past steps, but cover your nails a bit less this time. Next, use the lilac. It's easier to use a smaller piece of sponge now. Dab the lilac over the bright blue, but don't completely cover the colour underneath. Do the same with the turquoise, dab it over the lilac, but don't completely cover it. The goal is to make it look like stars in the galaxy. To make it all a little bit fancier, you could put some glitterpolish over the 'stars' you've just created. Clean your cuticles and put a shiny top coat over it. You're finished! This is what the finished product should look like.


It's a bit messy, but hey, that's okay! It's not like the galaxy is perfectly organized :p I think it looks really cute and it's fun to do. There's just one little thing...

 

Everything's a big mess when you're done. Oh well, it was worth it! By the way, I'm still sick, so I'm still not able to write another Summer Favourites. It'll be the first thing I do when I finally get better! What do you think of this nail art? Are you going to try it out as well? If you do, please send me a photo on Twitter, because I'd love to see your creations!

Bye lovelies! XX

2 comments:

  1. Wauw ziet er erg goed uit!!! Ik heb zelf ook wel eens zoiets geprobeerd, maar mij lukt het helaas nooit :-p

    ♥ Saskia

    ReplyDelete