Monday 19 August 2013

The Ebelin Makeup Egg


Of course I could not go to Germany without going to the DM! I bought a few things there including this curious object: the Ebelin Make up Egg. You've probably seen the Beauty Blender before, which is basically the same thing. I've never owned a Beauty Blender because I think they're a bit too expensive, so when I found these I just had to buy one. It cost €2,95 so it was worth a try.


But how does it work? Well, it comes in a small round plastic box. The egg itself is quite small, UNTIL you make it moist (ugh moist). It gets about as big as the palm of your hand. Then you need to squeeze it until it feels almost dry. After this step it's ready for applying foundation/concealer. To be honest, I don't really like this thing for applying foundation. I feel like it takes a lot more time to apply my foundation and it doesn't look as good as when I apply it with my Zoeva buffer brush. The foundation looks smudgy and the hairs on my face are more apparent. I do like using it for applying concealer, because it allows you to apply several very thin layers and it looks very natural. The egg is a bit difficult to clean (or I've just been using the wrong shampoo) so you probably need to replace it a lot if you use it on a daily basis.


This is what my face looks like when I apply foundation and concealer with the egg. Right is with and left is without using a flash.

I would recommend buying this egg if you want something to apply your concealer with, but I wouldn't recommend using it for foundation when you already have a good foundation brush. However, I do think the egg has several other purposes, you could even use it as a stress ball! ;)

Have a nice day ;)
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment