Saturday 2 November 2013

Experimenting With Makeup #2 | Au Naturel With A Pop Of Colour


Hi guys! Today I have a new Experimenting With Makeup for you! (And that rhymes, heheh) And I even made a tutorial! This morning I realized, that I never really wear any bright coloured eyeshadows, so I decided to give bright colours a chance ^.^ I'm very pleased with the result, so I hope you'll like it too!





Here are all the products you'll need. Of course you don't have to have the exact same products, you should just look into your stash and pick colours that look similar.

What you'll need:

  • All the eyeshadow colours pictured above
  • Eyeshadow base
  • Purple eye pencil
  • Black eyeliner
  • White eye pencil
  • Mascara
  • A flat brush, a pencil brush, a blending brush and if you have one, a smudge brush


First, you're going to prime your eyes with an eyeshadow base. Then, apply the lightest colour (Virgin from my UD naked palette) on the places where I've drawn a line. Yes, I admit, the lines look a bit funny but I think they make it easier to understand the tutorial.


Then, you're going to fill in this beautifully drawn triangle with the pinkish colour (Sin)


Fill in your crease with the light brown shade (Buck). Your outer eyecorner should have a V shape.


Make the outer V a bit darker with the darker brown eyeshadow. (Smog, still from my naked palette)


Use a purple eye pencil on your lower lashline. This doesn't have to be perfect at all, we're going to smudge it out anyway. Fill in your waterline with a white eye pencil. It will make your eyes look bigger and it brightens up the look.


Apply the aqua coloured eyeshadow (Aquarius from my UD The Feminine Palette) to about a quarter of your lower lashline, then smudge the purple eye pencil with a purple eyeshadow (Ecstacy from the same palette)


Finish the look with a winged eyeliner and some mascara and you're done!


I really really really like this look and I'm definitely going to wear it more often! The bright colours just give it a little bit extra. I'd say that this was a successful Experimenting With Makeup. I'm already excited for next week ^.^

What do you think of this look. Would you wear bright colours on a normal day?

Have a nice day ^.^
XXX

2 comments: